The mission of the Laboratory of Nanotechnology for Precision Medicine is to
- rationally design polymeric nanoconstructs for multi-modal imaging (PET, MRI and optical imaging) and combination therapy (chemotherapeutic and anti-inflammatory molecules, biologicals) in cancer, cardiovascular and neurological diseases
- fabricate microfluidic chips for the rapid screening of novel molecular and nano-based therapeutic agents and for elucidating new biophysical mechanisms in diseases;
- develop multi-scale, hierarchical computational models for optimizing the therapeutic efficacy of nanoconstructs;
- organize dissemination activities at the interface between engineering and biomedical sciences;
- promote the professional development of lab members in a highly multi-disciplinary environment.